Chicken Wrap with Cashew Basil Spread (can also be used as a dip)
Makes 375 ml
- 250 ml tightly packed basil leaves
- 200 g cashew nuts, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- 125 ml sesame seeds
- 160 ml Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 30 ml lime juice
- 5 ml salt flakes
- Optional: 30 ml nutritional yeast (available from health shops)
- Combine all the ingredients for the spread in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread on wraps and top with sliced smoked chicken, sprouts, grated carrots, tomato, rocket, onions and any other vegetable toppings of your choice.
- Roll up and cut in half.
Also delicious as a dip with veggies e.g. carrot, cucumber and celery sticks, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mange tout peas and baby corn.
Use as a spread on sandwiches and crackers or pizza.
Thin down with a bit of Almond Breeze almond milk to pouring consistency and use as a dressing over salad.